Saturday, August 11, 2007

Balancing...

OK. I've finally got Bean registered for school AND for aftercare. And I lined up a babysitter for the night I teach an evening class. I'm planning to bring him with me on the few occasions I have to be in the office on a weekend - I can set him up in the corner with a DVD and he'll be happy as pie. I hope. Whew! I don't mind telling you that I've been carrying around a lump of anxiety about this for the last several weeks, never sure that it was all going to work out. You see, Mr. Plain(s)feminist is going to be commuting for a while, so many of the things I usually take for granted, like another parent being around, are presenting challenges.

But for now, we're good. Unless Bean gets into the magnet school, in which case aftercare will be a problem. But I'm only going to worry about one thing at a time.

I am subsuming all my worry into moving details. Today I head over to UHaul and Target to pick up boxes and tape. And then I'm faced with the problem of, once packed, where to put the many boxes? The books alone will take at least 45-50 boxes. No joke. I think I'll have to dismantle the living room bookcase and put it in the garage so that there's room for the book boxes. And even so, that's a huge mountain o' boxes!

Actually, just the thought of that many boxes is making me queasy. I'm off to see what else we can bear to part with...

1 comment:

Totsymae said...

Ain't easy being a feminist in South Dakota. You're a hoot. LOL!