Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sunday.

I have become someone who does absolutely nothing on the weekends except eat and sit at the computer. Which is not a good thing. I suspect this comes from working for 10+ hours a day during the week - by the weekend, I'm so exhausted that I only have energy to crawl out of bed to pee, eat, and maybe do a load or two of laundry. I read a little of the paper, because I get two Sunday papers and I feel like I should do something to justify, if not the insignificant cost, then at least the trees who bravely gave their lives so that I could have a Sunday paper. And I catch up on blogs and wish that I had more to say on my own blog. (I can't tell you how much I long to take my computer to Starbucks and blog there, while the sun streams in the window and the steam rises from my chai latte. I may have to write some snarky comments on certain mommy bloggers' sites at which this sort of description of their day is common.)

Some people came to the door a couple of hours ago to sell me their religion, and I was embarrassed, because whenever this happens, I am in my pajamas, hair uncombed, face unwashed, no bra, bare feet, child lagging behind me in various states of undress / dress-up. I feel like I might as well hang a sign around my neck that reads "heathen," especially on Sunday. I really miss having a buzzer so that I could find out who is at the door before I expend the energy to walk all the way down there.

Bean wants to go out and "do something," as do I, but I think it may be illegal for me to leave the house without first taking a shower. And also, I have to do laundry at some point so that we will have clothes for the week. And I'm not sure when I last changed the sheets, so that should happen, too.

And, on top of everything else, today we're back to Daylight Savings. I suppose I should be grateful, as that means that when I finally make it down to the basement to do the laundry, it might still be light outside, making the creepy basement a whole lot less creepy. But I hate losing an hour, and I will be very grumpy if I wake up in the dark tomorrow morning.

Sunday. Feh. I can't wait until break.

No comments: