Sunday, July 19, 2009

The vacation thus far.

We've been to New York and New Jersey, seen several friends and lots of family (and one performance of "Mary Poppins"), and had unbelievable cat drama that began within a few days of leaving and that seems to be continuing. As I write this, my friend is on her way to the emergency animal clinic with one cat who, my friend says, "sounds like she is crying" and seems to have injured her leg. Previously, my other cat gave this friend such a hard time when she tried to give her her thyroid medication that we had to call around - from the east coast - to find someone in the Twin Cities who could do this for her. (Thank goodness, we found someone.)

It has been a very exciting - and expensive - vacation. I think we will have to stay put after this. I'm hoping things will calm down because I am worried about my furry babies.

Other highlights:
* I rode the subway - by myself - for the first time in about a decade. They don't use tokens anymore. Who knew?
* I saw the new Harry Potter movie. It rocks. And I've hidden the people on Facebook who are complaining about how much they don't like Harry Potter and are not going to read the books or see the movies. Blah blah blah. I'm going to see it again.
* Bean met two very friendly dogs this week and has come a long way toward being less afraid of dogs. I also spent some serious thought considering whether or not we should get a dog. Perhaps my cats's issues are simply psychic freakouts about this possibility.

We leave tomorrow at 8:00 am. I'm up now, waiting to hear back from the vet. It's going to be a short night.

3 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

Riding the subway by yourself? I respect your courage. Seriously.

I'm glad your cats have someone responsible to care for them, but it's hard to really enjoy your vacation when they get in trouble. I sympathize.

Green said...

Please let me know if you guys come out to SF for a vacation. My brother's dog is the sweetest, most easy-going dog I've ever known and I would be thrilled to introduce her to your Bean (and meet you!).

Glad you guys are having fun. The NY subways smell much better in the winter.

Daisy Deadhead said...

About a decade for me too--NO TOKENS? I didn't know either!

Glad you had a good time.