Saturday, May 20, 2006

I'm Going To See Rob Zombie

For those of you who don't know, this is the gentleman in question.

My brother said to me the other day, "you know, I don't think there are too many Women's Studies professors who would go to a Rob Zombie concert. You're kind of unusual."

Maybe. I'm not actually a huge fan or anything - you certainly won't catch me seeing any of his films. But it's not because I fear he will be misogynist (though it wouldn't surprise me if he were); it's because I am not a gorehound.

The music is another story. Driving back from Pierre, my friend played a few tracks from his Past, Present, and Future CD. I almost never like anything I hear the first time, but after hearing "Girl on Fire," I liked it so much that I asked her to play it again.

But mostly, I'm going because all of the freaks and weirdos - my "peeps," if you will, even if I don't do the freak thing anymore - will be there. I'm going because it will feel good to walk on the dark side for a little while.

No comments: