Monday, August 13, 2007

The days just go by...

I should be packing. In a minute, I will log off the computer, turn on the t.v., and plop down in front of it with some boxes that need assembly. But I have the lack of motivation and the overwhelmed feeling that come in pairs whenever there's a big job to do.

Also, I went to the gym this morning, did my full lifting program (yay!) and then wiped out after about 7 minutes on the bike. I don't know why. I suspect I set the level way too high. So I came home on wobbly legs, fully planning to go to the grocery store and buy some healthy food, and instead I ate the Dairy Queen cupcake that's been sitting in the freezer for Bean (who didn't know it was there, anyway, so don't look at me like that) and finished off the rest of yesterday's very sugary chocolate cream pie. So now I'm tired, wobbly, and feeling fat.

Oh, yeah, and every five minutes or so, some new thought occurs to me with a little panicky flutter about something else that needs to be done - like, just now, I realized that I haven't send my new address to the credit card companies yet.

You can see why it's infinitely pleasurable, in the face of putting all of our belongings into boxes, to do things like buy a new slipcover for the chair and shop for a new futon and plan what color throw pillows to buy. (Which is what I have been doing for the last two days instead of packing.)

1 comment:

Green said...

Good luck with your move. I love the throwing out of stuff I realize I don't need, and the unpacking and decorating in the new place.