Monday, September 01, 2008

Is St. Paul making the news where you are? I'm not talking about the RNC.

I mean, specifically, that the cops have gone apeshit and unlawfully arrested three Democracy Now! journalists. That they pepper-sprayed a woman who was standing in front of them holding a flower.

And this, after two days of raiding homes and several days of detaining and harassing photojournalists.

No, I do not condone the behavior of those who purportedly attacked delegates, slashed tires, set a fire, and basically did teenage bullshit acts of defiance rather than civil disobedience. But the police behavior still is not ok.

America, I hope you're hearing about this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I listen to Amy Goodman very regularly, and it was upsetting to see her get arrested.

bobvis said...

It is sad that we seem to be doing an increasingly better job at having better and better systems for communicating speech, but political speech seems to be taking some real hits.

Green said...

First I'm hearing about it. Will pass a link on to my friend in MN.