Tuesday, May 05, 2009

667th post.

Too bad I didn't notice that the last one was the 666th, because then I would have had something to write about.

* All I can think about right now is that the smell of the freshly-cleaned catbox is nauseating. I don't know if I'm reacting to the smell of the Clorox or if Mr. P. did not do a thorough enough cleaning job. And the box is located unfortunately close to my desk.

* I have before me a pile of grading. I am making some headway. However, the fact that I have no room of my own makes grading at home difficult, particularly if anyone wants to use the living room or dining room, watch t.v., or, as so often happens, bang on all surfaces with large, inflatable, squeaky hammers that one has acquired at various fairs. At least certain persons with an affinity for such activities are currently in school.

* I wonder if anyone else enjoys shredding as much as I do? I have a little desktop shredder that is only supposed to go for two minutes at a time, so it's taken me months, but in about five minutes, I will be all caught up on my shredding. I love it. Shredding stuff makes me feel super-organized and about as OCD as it is possible to be. At this point, I am writing my social security number down on random pieces of paper so that I can shred them. Well, not quite. But almost.

5 comments:

CrackerLilo said...

My wife loves shredding, too. It works out, because I hate cleaning up after shredded papers. So we pay bills together, and she gets to shred!

Sorry about the home-office situation. Doesn't sound like the most fun.

Anonymous said...

Shredding can hep you de-stress actually!
And about the home-office situation, you seem to be loathing it!

Green said...

Shredding is so much fun. I love it, my friend's 6 year old daughter loves it. I got my whole family into it - we all have shredders now.

Yesterday on the train the guy sitting next to me was grading papers. He gave almost everyone a five. I don't know what that means.

Plain(s)feminist said...

Yes, the home office (otherwise known as the living room) is - shall we say - difficult. Fortunately, there is also an office office.

belledame222 said...

I finally had to move the catbox away from the desk for that reason; I don't love its current position (more out in the open than the previous nook) but I just couldn't work.