Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Hey, I've been tagged!

I'm cheating. It's not really Wednesday yet, but I want to go to bed and I want this to be Wednesday's post so when I get back my blog won't look quite as hopelessly out-of-date. Anyway...thank you, "jew" "girl"!

A- Available or Single
No.

B- Best Friend
I learned the hard way that it's better to have lots of good friends than to have just one best friend. I do have lots of good friends, though.

C- Cake or Pie
Pie, absolutely. The best pie ever is raspberry pie, but it must come from Down East Maine to be true raspberry pie, the kind with a thick layer of cream on top. Mmmm. I haven't had it since I was 21. But my favorite cake is made by Mazotta's in Middletown, CT, and it's a white sponge layer cake with peaches and strawberries in between the layers and it's frosted with whipped cream. MMMMMM. (Now I'm hungry!)

D- Drink of Choice
Diet Coke, which I'm really trying to give up, because Coke is the blood of the people of India. Or if you meant alcoholic beverage, it would be tequila shots, and not least because I enjoy throwing one back and having people around me, take-no-shit people whom I respect, look at me in awe and say, "did you just do a shot of TEQUILA?" (I think what they find surprising is that I don't change my expression at all. It's like I'm drinking a shot of water. We used to have contests in high school for who could drink the most vile concoction and remain blank-faced, so I'm pretty good at it.)

E- Essential Item
My cell phone and my notebook (actual notebook - with paper).

F- Favorite Color
When I was a kid, I read a book called The Real Me, by Betty Miles, which my mom bought me (I think) because it is totally a feminist book. Anyway, the main character talks about being asked by adults what her favorite color is, and knowing that the adults aren't very poetic and that they don't appreciate individuality, doesn't want to answer "all the colors of the sunset, especially where it fades into deep blues and purples." Instead, she simply says "blue" because she knows it's an answer that will satisfy them.

So. Purple.

G- Gummi Bears or Worms
If I must have Gummi, it must be Gummi peaches.

H- Hometown
Schenectady, New York.

I- Indulgence
Food and hip scarves. In that order.

J- January or February
January. February is the month of becoming sick to death of winter. It is also the month that my hair always goes nuts and won't be tamed no matter how much conditioner I pour into it.

K- Kids
One human and two feline.

L- Life is incomplete without
Chocolate, good conversation, dancing, and laughter.

M- Marriage Date
Yup, I'm married, and I wish Mr. Plainsfeminist and I could have some dates. I miss him.

N- Number of Siblings?
One, and he rocks.

O- Oranges or Apples?
Apples. I am not a citrus girl.

P- Phobias/Fears
Spiders, sharks, fire, small spaces.

Q- Favorite Quote
"You know for sure you've made God in your own image when it turns out that he hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

R- Reasons to smile
The memory of driving the other night with my friend and hitting every damn pothole in the road, not just once, but THREE times (I drove down the same road three times and kept forgetting to watch out). So the drive kind of went like this:

Me: "Aaaah!"

CLUNK

Me: "Dammit!"

Pause

Me: "Aaaah!"

CLUNK

Me: "GODDAMMIT!!!"

Pause

Me: "AAAAH!"

CLUNK

Me: "Jesus Christ!!! SHIT!"

My friend: "BWAA-ha-ha!"


S- Season
Fall. I love summer, too, but I love fall and the warm days and cool nights and Halloween and the smell of winter coming.

T- Tag Three People
Lara, Sally Sunshine, and Stuff Daddy.

U- Unknown Fact About Me
...is there anything still unknown? I can't think of anything y'all don't know already...anybody got any questions???

W- Worst Habit
I am a rabid control freak.

Y- Your Favorite Foods
Fruit, cheese, and chocolate.

Z- Zodiac
Leo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is fun to read stuff like that about other people. :)

KeepAskingWhy said...

Yes, it is always fund to read that stuff.

Plain(s)feminist said...

Feel free to use this space to do your own - consider yourselves tagged - or do it at your place and let us know!

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

LOL. I did it -- with thanks to your tagee, Lara @ Math4Knitters ...

I'm curious to know where the meme started...