Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I don't know if I've been living in the midwest for too long...

...or if this publication has become more confrontational than it was ten years ago. I definitely felt more defensive when I started reading it today than I used to when I read it a decade or so ago, but of course that means reading it is a good opportunity for me to learn something.

Anyway, forgive my navel-gazing above and please check out the link to Race Traitor. I do think that there are some problems with this kind of approach, depending on what it is you want to accomplish, but then again, I always find their writing instructive and inspiring, and it reminds me both of the urgency of anti-racist work and also that doing the work necessitates struggle. It isn't supposed to be easy. If it were easy, it'd be done.

No comments: