Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Intermission

Well, we're waiting to hear what Planned Parenthood will decide to do - whether it will try to force the ban to a referendum (which would be voted on in November) or whether it will fight the ban in the courts. Meanwhile, I have a couple of kid funnies to share.

While I was getting dressed this morning, my kid came in. I hadn't put my shirt on yet, and he started asking questions about my bra, such as whether I had put it on backwards (I had - I cannot put on a bra frontways first to save my life; I always have to put it on backwards, hook it, and then pull it around). He has caught me doing this a couple of times and he always finds it hilarious. Today he started asking lots of bra questions - "but, Mommy, what's it FOR?" - until I shooed him out so I could finish getting dressed.

Later this morning, during the drive to daycare, we couldn't find a decent song on the radio. I offered to sing something he likes, and he requested "The 'You're Beautiful' Song" (James Blunt). So, I started singing. Just as I got to the first chorus, he said, thoughtfully, "Mommy, there's a man inside you." Which was his way of noticing that my rendition sounded a lot like James Blunt's.

No comments: