Saturday, May 19, 2007

Spring, and a young woman's fancy turns to...

Today I cleaned the venetian blinds, something I've been wanting to do since around the time when Bean was born. I did start to clean them then, but found that it was a huge task. Either in the last stages of pregnancy or the first stages of new motherhood, I did not place the venetian blinds very high on my list. So I put that project on the back burner for about 5 years or so, and today, finally, we have clean venetian blinds. This is a more strenuous job than you would think, and I'm glad for all the weight-lifting I've been doing.

I also did Bean's windows and screens and the dining room sliding glass doors and screen.

And I started on the porch furniture.

Tomorrow I'll finish the windows.

I have more interesting posts for you, but I have to get through my spring cleaning first. Also, I'm in an organizing and painting mood, so I have to head over to OfficeMax.com and look at office furniture in order to reorganize what Mr. Plain(s)feminist calls his workspace but what is really an exceedingly messy corner of the bedroom. (In all fairness, he's doing the best that can be expected given only a corner of the bedroom - hence the need for better office furniture.)

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Can you come and show me how to do my venitian blinds? Are these things the second coming of Satan or what? Gosh they are hard to clean....giggle....

I popped in to give you a huge thank you and an apology. You have been reading my blog regarding Skippyson and have given me very well founded and sage advice..which I have balked at and come off as rude at dismissing you. For that I apologize. I also want to thank you for giving you opinion about what you think we should do, as it was well thought and from the heart. It was not my place to dismiss it...I apologize [again] for that.

I have been off line for a few months...but have been rereading my tadpoles and I want to say a heartfelt thank you for taking the time to make a difference in this poor woman's life.

You are special.

....now come clean blinds...giggle...;D

Plain(s)feminist said...

Yeah, they're awful to clean. You can't just wipe 'em - you've got to hold them firmly with a damp cloth and run your hand down the whole length, and if it's been a while since you've dusted, it will take several wipes to get all the dust and grime. Sigh.

No apology necessary - I didn't think you were rude, and anyway, online advice is worth exactly what you pay for it (though I'm glad you thought it was well-founded and sage). I'm sorry that you've had to go through so much crap, and I've been thinking of you during the last few months and hoping things were better.

I'm glad you're back to blogging!

If I lived closer, I would totally help with the blinds.