Friday, October 20, 2006

It's not that I don't *appreciate* breast cancer-related accessories and gift items...

...it's just that I continue to feel that somehow, somewhere, they've taken a wrong turn and veered off sharply into either weirdness or bad taste, or both (with the possible exception of the water bottles, because as we all know, breast cancer is really a fitness event).







The duckies, I think, are my favorites.

And if you think the above is a bit bizarre, check out Barbara Ehrenreich's piece on the pink fluffiness of breast cancer culture.

[NOTE: I actually have more to say about abortion - gasp! who'da thunk? - and my interesting experience trying to report VoteYes's class 2 misdemeanor, but I'm currently strategizing how I should best go public with that information. More to come.]

No comments: